Share some logins with family, but not others?

FamilyMgr
FamilyMgr
Community Member

I am interested in 1Password for my family, but wanted to know if/how I can share some login info with family, while not sharing others? My example is this: my husband and I would both need the same login information for our banking or utilities, but different login for Social Media, other personal accounts, etc. How can I set that up correctly? (Note: I have not used 1Password yet, I need to know that this is possible first.)

Thank you for your assistance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @familymgr - Thank you for contacting us and expressing interest in using 1Password Families :-)

Great question and I'll be happy to help out. When you sign up for a Families plan you have the ability to invite up to 5 family members per subscription. Each family member has access all of our apps (Windows, Mac, Android and iOS) since it's built into the monthly pricing. You can even view your 1Password data via the web from any device. There is no sync set up required since we take care of all the syncing on our end.

Each family member by default receives a Personal & Shared vault. Personal vaults can only be accessed by that member, not by you or anyone else. All members also get access to a Shared vault, and you can create additional vaults to share with specific members and manage things a bit more. For instance, I added my personal banking and social account data to the Shared vault. Now my wife has access to the data in the case of an emergency. I hope this helped a bit. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions, we'll be happy to help out. Have a fantastic day :-)

• FamilyMgr
    FamilyMgr
    Community Member

Thank you Frank! I'll let you know once I get this rolling. Appreciate the quick reply!

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of @Frank_AG you're very welcome! If you need any additional information regarding sharing, here's a good starting point. Of course, you can also always get back to us! :)

This discussion has been closed.