I have a family plan. How do I activate a legacy version of 1Password?

Options
nakedbaby
nakedbaby
Community Member

Is there any way to activate a legacy version (4.4.3) under the family plan?

1Password Version: Family
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:legacy

Comments

• Hi @nakedbaby! That's a great question. Are you able to upgrade that computer to OS X 10.10 or newer? You'd be able to use 1Password 6 there if you can, and it'd be a much better experience. :) 1Password Families is only compatible with 1Password 6 or newer since the account syncs with the app, and the older version doesn't support accounts.

• nakedbaby
    nakedbaby
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, no I depend on some software for my job that requires Mavericks (OS 10.9.5).

Okay - I can use the web portal on that system.

Is there a way to upload an old 1Password data file to the newer "Family" system? (I have been running version 3.8 for years and it has a huge list of password info.)

• Hi @nakedbaby - The data file in 1Password 3 was .agilekeychain, so you could add a local vault to 1Password 6, use "Folder Sync" to sync the data from the .agilekeychain. Then move those items from the Primary (local) vault to the Families (Personal) vault. After your data has been moved over, you can delete your Primary vault if you no longer need it.

Another option is to try and export from 1Password 3, then import that directly into your Personal vault connected to the Families account with 1Password 6 - https://support.1password.com/export/

Just make sure you delete the file after you export it since it's no longer encrypted once it leaves 1Password. I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.