To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I forgot my password to 1Password. I don't know what my hint means. How do I change it?

Options

I recently made an account, but I forgot my master password. I have not even entered any other data into 1Password, but I have too many passwords and am forgetting them, so I want to use it, but I don't know how to recover my password or start over. What should I do?
Thanks,
Casey

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I forgot my password to 1Password. I don't know what my hint means. How do I change it?

Comments

• Hello @CaseyLlewellyn, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with your Master Password though I’m glad to hear you are not locked out of any data in 1Password. :)

I was not able to locate any 1Password Accounts associated with your email address. 1Password Accounts are our new subscription service wherein we handle the sync of your items for you and our available for Teams, Families or even Individuals! Do you recall signing for one? You can learn more right from our home page:

1Password Accounts

Otherwise, you may have a copy of one of our mobile or desktop apps and simply need to reset it which will allow you to create a new empty vault and select a new Master Password you can use going forward:

How to start over with an empty vault

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any follow-up questions. :)

• termitedog
    termitedog
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I set account under removed & could not access it, So support recovered another account under removed , I just want to make sure I don't have a paid account that I'm not even using,With a totally different security key. Please let me know. Thank you, Rick

• termitedog
    termitedog
    Community Member
    Options

By the way you need phone support. Not every once is good with computers.

• Hi @termitedog - Thank you for reaching out to us. Sorry, I removed some of the information you included since this is a public forum. I was able to locate your account and you're currently in trial mode. I also noticed you deleted the original account as well. As of right now, you're not being charged for either account. The active account is in trial mode until February and we will send you a friendly reminder as the end of trial date approaches. Sorry for the lack of telephone support and I appreciate the feedback. We are able to help you more effectively through email or you can always contact us here :-)

I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions. Have a fantastic day!

This discussion has been closed.