Hi I need to restart my mac book pro to toggle between my two accounts with Suntrust. Help!

I have two accounts with Suntrust, both set up with 1Password. I can log into both fine using the keyboard short cuts. However, after I have logged into one, I cannot log into the other without getting an error message from Suntrust. If I restart my Mac Book Pro, I can open the second account fine. But I can't seem to toggle between the two without restarting my computer. Is there a better way?

1Password Version: 6.5.3O
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.2
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:Hi! I have two bank accounts with the same bank, and two logins. I cannot log into both

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @maggieg,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble on that site! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum, since it sounds like the problem is happening when you try to fill that site's sign-in form with 1Password.

Can you please describe the exact steps you take to sign in to the first account on that site? For example, do you open the site in your browser first, navigate to the sign-in form, and then use the ⌘\ (Command+Backslash) keyboard shortcut to have 1Password fill it? Or do you use the ⌥⌘\ (Option+Command+Backslash) keyboard shortcut and select the Login item to open that site in your browser and fill the sign-in form? Or something else?

Do you sign out of one account before you try to sign in to the other? What steps do you take to sign in to the other/second account? Do you do it from a different sign-in form on the same site, or the same sign-in form as the first account?

If you don't mind, what is the exact URL you use for that site?

Thanks in advance! :)

• maggieg
    maggieg
    Community Member

Hi Drew_AG, FYI, the URL is: https://www.suntrust.com/

Your questions about signing off got me to thinking--I don't think I was actually signing off before I closed the tab. I just tried again, signing into account one, then actually signing off, then signing into account two and everything worked perfectly! So, moral of the story, I need to sign off, not just close the tab, if I want to be able to toggle. All is well now! Thanks for all your help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news! I suspected that might be the problem - it sounds like the website itself doesn't work correctly if you try to sign in to a different account while you're still signed in to the first one.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.