Extension search needed

Options
eghamburg
eghamburg
Community Member

In iOS if you try to fill stored 1P credentials and the extension doesn't "find" a match for that site there should be a way in the presented pop up dialog to search the 1P database for credentials already stored. I frequently need to launch the app, copy a pw the task switch back to the site I was trying to access. Perhaps I missing a way to do this and if so please let me know otherwise consider this an enhancement request.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eghamburg: Certainly it's something we can consider, but 1Password behaves this way quite intentionally. I'm not sure it would be an "enhancement" since this could make it much easier to fall prey to phishing scams, by allowing 1Password to fill logins on sites that don't match the URL. This is a problem on any device, but even more fraught on a mobile device since it's impossible to inspect the page and its certificate chain properly. So this is a "maybe, but probably not" unless there are significant changes in iOS that allow 1Password to be more helpful in this regard without being harmful. Thanks for bringing this up!

This discussion has been closed.