To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Having issue with 1st password save

Options
tjscott3
tjscott3
Community Member

Hi all,

I'm having a problem. I bought 1password today and on my first site I updated one of my passwords to a site with the random generating password. However, the password created/saved in 1password will not work and I can not login. I'm getting nervous for using 1password for this reason, if for whatever reasons I can't sign in- what can I do? Any assistance would be appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

One thing to try is whether copy and paste of the password works.

If you generate a password that is longer than the site accepts, many sites won't warn you of this, and a difference in the way 1PW fills compared with pasting can lead to one working but not the other.

Does your old password still work?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tjscott3 - @danco Makes a good point here about long passwords. I'd too be interested to learn if copy & pasting the password works. You might also want to check this knowledge base article. It details some tips for cases where filling won't work.

Could you try this on a couple more sites? It'd be interesting to learn whether this is isolated to the first website you entered or if there's a general issue that we'd need to investigate further.

This discussion has been closed.