To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Will you be creating a two step verification for the master password?

Options
docmcl
docmcl
Community Member

I am still concerned that the weak link is someone or some algo hacking in. I keep my master password only in my head. Is it secured by the device? If someone cracked the master password could they get it from a different computer running one password or is it only from mine.

also-I created a stronger password for my newer computer and phone (both have Touch ID option as well) but the older computer still uses the old password. If you change the master-why does it not change for all my devices?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Will you be creating a two step verification for the master password?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am still concerned that the weak link is someone or some algo hacking in. I keep my master password only in my head. Is it secured by the device? If someone cracked the master password could they get it from a different computer running one password or is it only from mine.

@docmcl: Indeed, if your not saving the Master Password anywhere on your computer and entering it from memory (recommended), there is no way for an attacker to get it without them controlling your machine and logging your keystrokes. 1Password doesn't store it, and neither is it transmitted. It exists only in your brain which is, thusfar, wholly impenetrable! :sunglasses:

1Password also uses PBKDF2 to strengthen your Master Password against brute force attacks by slowing down the rate of guessing considerably, so as long as you're using a long, strong, unique Master Password, you're in good shape there too.

also-I created a stronger password for my newer computer and phone (both have Touch ID option as well) but the older computer still uses the old password. If you change the master-why does it not change for all my devices?

Without some basic information about your setup, it's impossible to say, but I can tell you that since 1Password doesn't store your Master Password, it cannot sync it; rather, in most cases, once you unlock the app on a device with the "old" password so the data can sync, then you should be able to use the new one thereafter. But it depends on which versions you're using. Let me know!

This discussion has been closed.