Frequently as I try to open 1Password upon my iMac screen appears:"Password" is damaged and can't be

Options
1lukeno1
1lukeno1
Community Member

Frequently as I open iPassword Wheel ton add new password the following appears on screen: "Password" is damaged and can't be opened. Delete "1Password' and download again from The App Store". This occurs as I attempt to add a new password. Please. I need to be able to add/delete passwords. Marilyn

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOSSierra V. 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:when selecting the wheel option, I see on my IMAC screen "Password" is damaged and cannot be opened.

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1lukeno1 - Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like the 1Password application itself is broken on your Mac, potentially due to a download error.

If you bought 1Password on the Mac App Store, please delete the app from your Mac and re-download it from the Purchases tab in your App Store application.

If you bought 1Password directly from us, please delete the app from your Mac. You can then re-download it from our website.

Please note that in both cases your data will remain intact, as it's stored in a different location than the app itself.

I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.