1Password keeps crashing on my Apple Watch

Options
SandyFos
SandyFos
Community Member

I have 1Password 6.5.1 installed on my iPhone 6s, along with having it show on my Watch. I've added several items to the Watch via the "Add to Apple Watch" option on the iPhone. When I try to access 1Password on the Watch, however, all I see is the Add Items ... screen in the background, with a spinning semicircle around the 1Password icon superimposed on that. After several seconds of the spinning, the app quits back to the screen with all of my installed apps. Any help available? Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SandyFos: That's really odd. It sounds like the app may be damaged, perhaps not installing completely in the first place. Definitely try reinstalling it:

1. Disable Apple Watch in 1Password > Settings > Apple Watch
    2. Uninstall the 1Password Apple Watch app by tapping and holding on the icon on the watch home screen and tapping the ( x )
    3. Restart your watch and phone
    4. Re-install the 1Password watch app using the Apple Watch app on your phone
    5. Re-enable Apple Watch in 1Password settings

I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out!

• SandyFos
    SandyFos
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much, Brenty! I was just about to update my post when yours arrived. Last night I did disable 1P on my Watch and then restarted the Watch. All is now well — just wish I'd thought to do that before writing and taking up people's time!
    Thanks again! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's no trouble at all! And frankly, that shouldn't be necessary, but I'm glad it helped in your case. We're here if you need anything else. :)

• chiefted
    chiefted
    Community Member
    Options

brenty,

Thank you for the trouble shooting steps also. I got my Watch yesterday and couldn't figure out why the 1Password app was just sitting there spinning. I tried your steps in order and it worked like a champ (I tried them in a different order and it didn't seem to solve the issue).

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, thank you for letting us know those steps worked for you too! Strange that it would behave like that in the first place, but I'm happy to hear it's working now. We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.