NOT NULL constraint failed: items.category_uuid

Options
KBader
KBader
Community Member

I'm trying to get 1Password set up on the Mac desktop app and have run into this error whenever I try to manually add a bank account. There were also no pre-assigned labels/sections in the bank account category, so I added them along with the account information.

I was previously able to successfully import data from mSecure using MrC's converter, as well as from other CSV files. The error only showed up when I started manually adding the bank account. I was also able to manually add a different category (membership) without running into any errors (it had pre-assigned label fields, so I only needed to fill in the data).

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.5.3 (653000)
OS Version: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:NOT NULL constraint failed: items.category_uuid

Comments

• Hi @KBader ,

Thanks for letting us know. I have a couple of questions:

When you added your bank account:
    1. Did you have "All Items" selected in the sidebar on the left? Or was "Bank Accounts" selected.
    2. When you tried to create the Bank account, did you use the + button at the bottom, or the New Item menu from the File menu?

Also, I'd like to ask you to try to add a Bank Account again. Take note of the date and time. Then, create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox. Please include the date and time you tried to create the bank account.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report. Once we see the report we should be able to see what went wrong. Thanks very much!

Cheers,
    Kevin

• KBader
    KBader
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the reply @ag_kevin ,

1. "All Items" was selected, "Bank Accounts" wasn't in the list on the left at all.
    2. I used the "+" button at the bottom and then selected "Bank Account" in the menu that popped up.

Trying to add a bank account again just now worked fine. I followed the same steps as before, but this time there were pre-assigned labels and it didn't give me an error when I saved it.

I went ahead and generated the diagnostic report anyways, but I don't remember the exact time yesterday when I was getting the error, although it happened a few times and was shortly before I posted the original comment, maybe around 11:30-11:45 pm. (The successful add was today, Jan 16, at 5:49pm.) I have not received a support ID number yet, but will add it here when I do.

Thanks! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KBader,

Thanks for the followup and answers to Kevin's questions. We've found your email with the diagnostics that you sent in; not sure why you didn't receive an acknowledgement from BitBot with the support ticket ID (GRR-18567-637).

I'm glad you're able to create Bank Account items now, with the error you reported appearing to have only been temporary. We'll take a look at the diagnostics, see if we can determine any further details about it, and let you know what we find.

ref: GRR-18567-637

This discussion has been closed.