Feature suggestion: sort Passwords list by time, not domain

Options
jackbrewster
jackbrewster
Community Member

I think the Passwords list for generated passwords (accessed via Mini or context menu) should be sorted by date created rather than domain name.

If for whatever reason I'm not prompted to add a new login at the time I've generated the password, I will go into this list to convert a password to login. In many instances, the domain (or more likely, subdomain) doesn't necessarily "map" to the service name, so searching through a long list of random domains can be difficult. Knowing that the most recent is at the top would simplify this task.

I did try sorting the view in 1Password by date created, but that doesn't appear to have any effect on the Mini/context menu display.

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: 1Password sync

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jackbrewster,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback about the sort order in 1Password mini! You're correct - changing the order of the Passwords category (or another item category) in the main app will not affect the sort order in 1Password mini, which will still sort by title. I think it would be helpful for 1Password mini to show the same sort order as the main app, so perhaps that's something our developers can consider for the future.

For now, to see items in the Passwords category (or other categories) in the order they were created, you'll need to do that in the main app. I'm sorry that's not quite as convenient as using 1Password mini!

Thanks again! Aside from that, I hope you're enjoying 1Password. Please let us know if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.