1Password version 6.5.3 Safari Browser extension not working

Options
mk_mccann
mk_mccann
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Mac

The Browser extension won't work. I contacted support who sent me the instructions listed below. I went through each step, finally got it working yesterday only to find this morning it doesn't work again. I am using Sierra Version 10.12.2 and am running 1password version 6.5.3 updated through the App Store on Dec 24, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at AgileBits. Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. We are completely swamped at the moment, but we are working hard on getting back to our usual quick responses.

There are basically 4 things that can interfere with the 1Password browser extensions. I'll run through each so you can let me know if any of them might apply.

1) Proxy server or VPN.

Often in business environments you'll see a proxy server. Often these route traffic through the proxy, rather than keeping it locally. Like I said, often this is in a business environment. As it sounds like you know, 1Password communicates with the extension through web sockets over localhost (127.0.0.1), and depending how they are set up, sometimes theses things can block that connection. If you're connected to a VPN, the same issue can happen, so try disconnecting from any VPNs you might be connected to in order to see if that helps at all.

2) Firewall software.

This is a more specific instance, but "security software" or "anti-virus" software may include a firewall as well.

3) Extension conflicts.

Often you'll see an extension interfere now and again. Adblock, or any type of javascript blocking software could interfere as well. Things that "block" other things can definitely cause problems. I would suggest disabling all extensions except for 1Password, restart your browser and try again. If it works, one of the extensions was causing an issue. Re-enabling them one at a time should help you locate which one was causing it.

4) Helper process isn't running.

I can see from your report that it is running, so this isn’t the problem here. :)

Let me know if any of that helps at all. Please also try a reboot of the Mac if you haven't already.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1 Password version 6.5.3 Safari Browser extension not working

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mk_mccann,

I'm sorry the problem with the browser extension came back again! I see that you also replied to Andrew's email today about this. Someone will reply to that soon with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid creating any confusion between here and there. I'm sure we'll be able to get this all sorted out soon. Thanks for your patience! :)

ref: BKV-16268-938

This discussion has been closed.