If I allow my assistant to input all my passwords will she know what they are or are they encrypted

Options
chrishenning
chrishenning
Community Member

I am wanting to sign up & try the service. IF I allow my assistant to input all of my current login ID's & Passwords & security questions will she have access to them or are they encrypted?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:If I allow my assistant to input all my passwords will she know what they are or are they encrypted

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chrishenning

Thank you for your interest in 1Password, I'm glad to hear that you want to know more about how it keeps your data secure.

Your data is encrypted with a combination of a Master Password and an Account Key, neither of which are ever sent over the internet. Your data is only decrypted directly on your device when you need to use it. It's encrypted both in transit and at rest.

I'm not completely sure I understand your question, so if I misinterpreted it please let me know :chuffed: What you want is to be able to let someone use a password without them ever knowing what it is, right? In this case what you'll want is a Teams account where you are an admin and you remove the option to "Reveal passwords". Now, let me clarify that this measure is meant to keep someone from accidental snooping into what the password is, and not something that will completely keep them from ever getting to know the password. It is impossible to let someone use a password and at the same time fully keep them from knowing what it is. Someone who alters a couple of things on the site's code, for example, could make the password to be revealed when it's inputed on the site. In order to use a password on a site it needs to be decrypted and in plain text form, there's no way around this.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything else that you want to know about how 1Password works and how it keeps your data secure. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.