How can I see secure notes?

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Secure notes interface is a puzzle.

Comments

• schnebe8
    schnebe8
    Community Member
    Options

Is the Edit button the only way to see information stored in a Secure Note? If so, doesn't that create a risk of accidentally changing some data? Thanks for any guidance on this. It seems like a useful tool, but I'm not yet comfortable navigating around in it.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @schnebe8

I've split your conversation into it's own thread, I hope you don't mind :chuffed: I'm not sure what you mean by having to click the Edit button to see the note, in general just selecting the item should display the note in full. If it's too long I can just start scrolling to see the rest. Could you please give us some more details and maybe a screenshot of what you're seeing? That would really help us sort out what's going on here!

For me it looks like this:

You can see that it's not the Edit view, as the button appears on the bottom right corner :chuffed:

• schnebe8
    schnebe8
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi - thanks for your response. I realized my mistake. I was adding new sections rather than entering items into the Notes field. This is due to the way a new Secure Note displays in the iPhone app. The notes field actually comes at the bottom, so it's not intuitive that this should be where info is entered. On the app for my computer, though, the note field shows up first.
    I'm including a screenshot of what a new Secure Note looks like in the iPhone app.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @schnebe8

I'm glad we got to the bottom of it! You're right, I can see how it can be a bit confusing to have the actual note further down and in a different order on iOS and macOS. I'll pass your comment along to our developers :chuffed:

I hope everything goes well with 1Password for you for now on, but if you ever need any help we're here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.