Import CSV with tags

So after trying all kinds of password managers we decided to start using 1Password Teams. Although the downside of not having folders we going with tags.

Because we have a lot of projects with passwords we would like to have the projectname included as tag when importing a CSV file. Creating a Vault in this case doesn't add value and will take a lot of time to setup and maintain. Based on the manual and trying to accomplish this it's currently only possible to import the projectname as custom field.

Could this be added or it there another way of adding a tag? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@martinvandiemen ,

You could use the csv converter in the converter suite. It supports a Tags column, and will also create custom field names as per your CSV header columns. Use the 1.09 version in Testing Bits (which I'm just about to promote to Stable Bits).

• martinvandiemen
    martinvandiemen
    Community Member

@mrc,

Thanks! I'll look into that.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2017

@martinvandiemen,

OK, I just updated the Testing Bits version right after your post. Check that you have today's version (it updates the csv converter documentation to document the recent addition of Membership records, and clarifies the field requirements).

• Hi @MrC - Thank you very much for the help :-) Have a fantastic day!!!

• martinvandiemen
    martinvandiemen
    Community Member

@MrC,

Awesome, works! Thank you for making this great tool!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@martinvandiemen ,

Awesome, and you're welcome!

Enjoy 1Password (for Teams)!

• I'm happy to hear everything worked out @martinvandiemen and thank you @MrC for the assistance :-) Very much appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.