Consistent crash searching/editing items

Options
neerbos
neerbos
Community Member

Lately I have been seeing a lot of app crashes on both my IOS devices (6s and Ipad mini2). Using the following steps I can reproduce the crash every time:

1. Open 1Password
  2. search for an item
  3. edit one item from the list
  4. make a trivial change
  5. hit save
  6. IMPORTANT. click back to return to the list of search results
  7. app crashes

Upon relaunch the app will request to send a crash report (I probably sent 10 or 20 in the last week already).

On multiple occasions the app will keep crashing on launch. I can fix this by killing the app from the multi task menu. I also use the Mac App on my Macbook: no crashes here.

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 10.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@neerbos: Assuming for step 5 you meant "Done", I'm not able to reproduce this. If you're still having this issue, the best thing to do will be to go to 1Password Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings, and enable App, Agile Keychain, Cloud Keychain, Crypto, Database, Dropbox, Replicator, Search, SQLite, Sync, UI Categories, UI Favorites, UI General, UI Items, and Utilities. Then restart your device, reproduce the same crash, and generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Please post the Support ID you receive here so we can connect it to this discussion and take a look. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• neerbos
    neerbos
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty . I enabled the logs and restarted my 6s. Logs sent and got #JEX-61683-945 back.

My timezone is Europe/Amsterdam. Logs collected between 2pm and 2:15pm

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@neerbos: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: JEX-61683-945

This discussion has been closed.