My iPad (without Touch ID) no longer accepts my 4 number PIN. The forum answer is incorrect

Options
HuntPaige
HuntPaige
Community Member

My iPad (without Touch ID) no longer accepts my 4 number PIN. Found related question from Jan, but the answer is incorrect. In addition, my wife's iPad, linked by Family license & sync, no longer accepts master password or 4 number PIN. What is my next step, please? thank you!

1Password Version: 6.5.3 & 6.5.1
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:My iPad (without Touch ID) no longer accepts my 4 number PIN. The forum answer is incorrect

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HuntPaige: Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear about the lost PIN and Master Password! For your privacy and security, these are known only by you. Since no information about them is ever sent to us, we cannot reset it for you and you cannot change it without entering the old one. There is also no "back door" to access your data without the Master Password. Nor do we have any information about your Master Password we could use to help you find it. If there were, that would be a security hole that could be exploited to gain access to your secure information, even if we were the only ones who could exploit it. This way, no one, not even someone at AgileBits, can read your secure data. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

But since you mentioned in your post that you're syncing with iCloud and using 1Password Families, I wonder if you've just chosen different Master Password and/or PIN between those and are entering the wrong one. If you'd previously setup one password in the app and not changed it there, it will still be expecting that one, regardless of whether you've added a 1Password Account there as well.

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.