Touch ID prompt behavior in split view

Options
khoi
khoi
Community Member

When I switch to split view on my iPad, 1Password is often the last app I used in the right pane. As a result, the Touch ID prompt pops up immediately. But often I'm trying to switch to another app in this pane, so having to cancel out of the Touch ID prompt is a bit of unnecessary friction. I would actually argue that in split view, when 1Password is in the right pane, the Touch ID prompt should not automatically pop up by default. I guess this is a suggestion—would you consider either changing this behavior so that the prompt does not show up immediately, or perhaps adding an option for this to the preferences?

Thanks for making such a great iPad app, by the way!

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@khoi: Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying 1Password. I'll be the first to admit that this drives me a bit crazy as well. I'm not sure there's a reliable way for 1Password to detect that it's in Split View (or Slide Over) to avoid the Touch ID prompt, but it's a great suggestion worth looking into. I'm not sure a delay is the way to go otherwise, since it would be annoying to have to wait for the prompt the rest of the time. We'll see what we can do though. :)

ref: OPI-3932

This discussion has been closed.