PayPal Login attempts with 1Password incorrectly puts PW where Email is supposed to be

Options

How should I correct this in 1Password (in Windows version):

PayPal Login attempts with 1Password (1P), incorrectly puts my password (PW in 1P for PayPal) where Email is supposed to be entered.
I then have to erase the password (PW) incorrectly inputted by 1P and manually enter the email address and copy and paste the PW into the PayPal Login PW cell.

Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated. --Sincerely, Durl

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Durl: I didn't have any trouble filling my own PayPal login just now, so I think we need more information to close the gap here. Can you give me the exact URL, and the 1Password, OS, browser, and extension versions you're using? Also, did you save the login in the browser, or create it by hand in the main 1Password app? We'll get this working for you! :)

• Durl
    Durl
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi Brenty,

The Login URL I use for PayPal is: https://www.paypal.com/signin

1PW version: for Windows v4.6.1.617

OS: I am usually using a PC with Windows 10, and that is the OS I used when encountering the problem of 1PW entering the PW and Email information backwards i.e., such that the PW gets inputted into the email cell first, and then the email appears to be wanting to go into where the PW is supposed to be.

Browser: Chrome

Extension version: 4.6.2.90

I don't remember whether I originally saved the login info in the browser or the 1PW app.

Best regards, Darrell

P.S. The PayPal Login page is attached. Note my email address pre-entered in the email cell but the Login PW cell is empty. The Email and PW do not get entered in the correct order if a first delete the Email address before using 1PW.

[screenshot with personal information removed by moderator]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Durl: Thanks for clarifying! I was able to test this with the same setup to save and fill a login for PayPal, so we should be able to get the same results for you as well. It sounds like you may have either created the login by hand, or saved it when the website was different. Fortunately in many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

Let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• Durl
    Durl
    Community Member
    Options

Jan 18, 2017

Hi Brenty,

Your suggestion partially worked -- in that, if I use the 'keyhole' extension to manually search for the new PayPal login and then select the Go & Fill option while the new-named Login is highlighted in the pop-up window, the email and PW get entered in the correct order, and a Login to the site is performed correctly. Similarly, if I open a new tab, with my default simple 'Google' search page opened, and use the 'keyhole' extension to manually search for the new PayPal login and then select the Go & Fill option while the new-named Login is highlighted in the pop-up window, the email and PW get entered in the correct order, and a Login to the site is performed correctly.

However, if I then log out of the site, open a new tab and choose a bookmark of the PayPal site, such that the PayPal LogIn 'Email' and 'Password' boxes are displayed, and such that 1PW recognizes I am at the PayPal LogIn page, selecting the new-named LogIn automatically displayed / 'recognized' in the 1PW extension, the PW is incorrectly entered first -- as before.

FWIW, I don't have any recollection of this problem happening on any other web site. I just click on an existing bookmark, the correct LogIn page is displayed, the 'keyhole' extension recognizes the site and enters the required LogIn in the correct order.

Regards, Darrell

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Durl,

Thanks for replying and I'm glad Brenty was able to help get the PayPal login working for the most part.

You mentioned that after logging out of PayPal and using a bookmark to get to a PayPal login form that you see the same problem appear. Is that bookmark a browser bookmark in Firefox?

Could you let us know if that PayPal bookmark you have takes you to the same exact PayPal login web page that you linked to before (https://www.paypal.com/signin) or a different website?

Thanks,
    Matthew

• Durl
    Durl
    Community Member
    Options

Jan 23, 2017

Hi Matthew,

I almost always am using bookmarks in Chrome vs another browser (98%+).

And yes, when I click on the PayPal bookmark in Chrome, or use the 1PW extension "Search..." type in "PayPal" select 'Go & Fill' and hit enter, the same exact LogIn web page is presented.

Scenario 1--with the 1PW extension active (from having recently entered its PW)--I click on the PayPal bookmark in Chrome, the 1PW extension automatically 'recognizes' the PP LogIn web page by listing 'PayPal' as its first drop-down window option, but a clicking on the first-listed option 'PayPal' in the drop down window then causes 1PW to INCORRECTLY enter the password where the email entry is supposed to go.

However, (alternatively using 1PW extension "Search..." vs. click-on 1st listed item):

Scenario 2--with the 1PW extension active (from having recently entered its PW)--I click on the PayPal bookmark in Chrome, so that the PP LogIn web page is displayed, and a listing of 'PayPal' is the first drop-down window option in the 1PW extension, if I skip clicking on the first listing item 'PayPal' and instead click the 1PW extension's next-listed "Search..." option, typing in "PayPal" causes a 1PW independent window to open, if I select 'Go & Fill' in it and hit enter, that causes 1PW to CORRECTLY enter the password where the password entry is supposed to go.

In other words, 1PW gets the LogIn order correct IF I manually type in 'PayPal' in the 'Search' option and manually select Go & Fill in the separate Window... but not if I try to use the simpler one-click on the automatically-recognized first-listed 'PayPal' option in the 1PW extension.

Regards, Durl

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Durl,

If I've read everything correctly it sounds like you created a new Login item after following the steps detailed by Brenty. Did you delete the old Login item after doing so? If there is more than one Login item in your vault my initial guess is it isn't the same Login item being used in both scenarios. The reason I say that is because while sometimes there can be observed differences between open and fill and just filling these differences are usually the cause of either sites requiring time after the page has loaded to fully render or the login form isn't visible until the user has interacted with the page. In both cases it can result in things stopping open and fill from working. If open and fill works then filling the same page with the same Login item using something like the keyboard shortcut should too.

Could this explain the differences you're seeing?

This discussion has been closed.