untrusted source error on terminal server.

XuMEPA
XuMEPA
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi!
We use 1password for windows 6 beta 6.2.333 on terminal server Windows Server 2008 R2. All users that use 1password app also use extension for Chrome.
Sometimes users have getting error message "Browser connection refused. 1password refused connection from untrusted source, check logs for details." When I've gone to 1password app - Options - Browser, in Refused Connection Attempts I've seen some lines "chrome by unidentified publisher , process ID ". Then I've looked to task manager and have seen that process with this ID is google chrome process but running by another user. So when some user that uses chrome extension start google chrome all users that uses 1password app are getting this error message. What we can do to avoid this error message?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• XuMEPA
    XuMEPA
    Community Member

BTW Chrome version 55.0.2883.87 m, 1password browser extension version is 4.6.2.90

• @XuMEPA currently 1Password uses local web sockets to connect from browser extension to 1Password app. We use 10 predefined web socket ports. When user B starts browser, it will try to connect to first port in the list, which is most likely taken by user's A app. User's A app will see it as a connection coming from the local process, but it will not have the permission to validate code signature and you will have this message.

In short term I'll prevent notification for that specific case (when refuse happens due to the connection attempt from other user session). It will still add entry to the Options > Browsers, but will not be so annoying to users.

For the longer term - we are moving away from web sockets and that problem will go away, as well as limit of 10 users per machine. Hope that helps :)

• XuMEPA
    XuMEPA
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

Hey, @SergeyTheAgile!
    Thank you for your answer. I hope this improvement will be released soon ;)

• Hi @XuMEPA,

It's already fixed internally and will be available in the next update. On behalf of Serg, you're welcome.

• XuMEPA
    XuMEPA
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    It's great news. Thank you a lot.

• Hi @XuMEPA,

We've shipped the 6.3 beta 1 with this fix, please give it a try if you want. We're planning to ship it as a stable update within a few weeks.

This discussion has been closed.