file | new | back account. can you add multiple "type" fields?

crusty_wonder
crusty_wonder
Community Member

When you create a "bank account" you can add more "text" and "password" fields, but how to you add a new "type" field?

1Password Version: 4.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: n/a
Referrer: forum-search:file | new | back account. can you add multiple "type" fields?

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@crusty_wonder ,

It isn't possible currently. The account types are static.

• crusty_wonder
    crusty_wonder
    Community Member

Thanks MRC...

What is the function of the "type" field?
    Can it be deleted without any adverse effects?
    Say I create a BANK ACCOUNT, named AGILE BANK. I have CHECKING, SAVINGS, and DEBIT.
    I set the "type" field to OTHER.
    Then create additional "text" fields named "type" and use them for the CHECKING, SAVINGS, and DEBIT; adding "text/password" fields for {account numbers, routing, wire transfers, PIN, etc) as needed.
    Is there a reason I would want to create 3 or 4 BANK ACCOUNTS for doing what it appears can be done in 1 BANK ACCOUNT?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@crusty_wonder ,

Yes, you can delete the Type field. I think it is an old legacy informational only field, but Agilebits would have to respond to this specifically. It isn't used for any form-fills.

I use a single Bank Account record for a given bank, and add custom fields to track the various account numbers (for checking, savings, safe deposit box, etc.). One record, all the relevant information.

• crusty_wonder
    crusty_wonder
    Community Member

MRC, thanks again.
    Sounds good. Since it is a Bank Account record it is informational.
    There is a separate record for login in...
    Regards/CW

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I tend to have separate Login and Bank Account (and Credit Card...) items too, but as MrC pointed out, another option is to use custom fields to condense things. Cheers! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@crusty_wonder,

Both @brenty and I (and thousands of others) do the same thing -we also have a Login record per bank for web-based login purposes, as well as the Bank Account record for bank information.

My description above regarding a single record was about using a single record to combine your Savings, Checking, etc. numbers - the bank information itself, rather than the web-login information.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MrC: Ah, thanks for clarifying. Indeed, I find it helpful to have my data organized by use, though I know some prefer to condense it into a single item as much as possible. It's a matter of preference, I guess. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.