Inviting Wife - Email Not Going Through

Larry_S
Larry_S
Community Member

I signed up for a family account and sent invitations to myself for a personal account and my wife for a personal account. I got my invitation email, but my wife did not get hers. I tried deleting her invitation and resending it. It's not going through. Is there a way to assign more than one email to an account so what we can "force" it through. The invitation from 1password@agilebits.com is not in her spam folder. (My wifes email is through an exchange server account.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@Larry_S I'm sorry about the frustration here!

That's an interesting problem. Have you double-checked to make sure the invitation is being sent to the correct email address? Does your wife have any email address besides the one running through the exchange server? Can you send the invite to a different address?

I haven't encountered anyone else who hasn't received the invitation email -- at worst it's ended up in spam, but you said it's not there -- so I want to see if the issue is with the invitation not being sent or if it's a matter of it trying to go to the wrong place :)

To answer your question, there's no way to add more than one email address to an account. That information is used alongside the Account Key, Master Password, and sign-in domain to help make sure no one is able to access your data without your permission. (You can change an email address after the account is created, but an account can't be associated with more than one email address at a time.)

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

Hello @larrysev

I'm having a similar problem. I have sent two emails to my parents (both on the outlook.com domain) and neither received the email. I have checked their Junk folders, and also tried re-sending the invitations a number of times - all without luck. Did you end up figuring out a solution for this one?

Btw, I'm sending from the latest Chrome browser.

Thanks!

• Hi @wilhelm,

Would it be possible for you to email in to provide us with the email address you sent the invitation to? Once we have that we should be able to look into it on the servers and figure out why that email wouldn't get through. Email support @1password.com and include a link to this forum post and the email address you sent the invitation to. Include "Rick Fillion" in the body of the email and I'll automatically get notified so that I can look into this for you.

Sorry about that. I'm confident that we can figure it out.

Rick

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member

Thank you very much, @rickfillion . I've sent the email as requested.

Wilhelm

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017

@Wilhelm - On behalf of Rick thank you for sending the email! Rick will look into it and get back to you. :)

ref: ADD-93735-912

This discussion has been closed.