I invited someone to my Team but they are shown as a Guest not a Team member?

I believe I followed the same process that I did for inviting other people to my team. All of the others I've invited show up as team members, but this one person shows up as a Guest. How do I make them a regular team member?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:guest

Comments

• Hi @sean_santry - Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the confusion. It looks like when you invited the team member to join your account, you might have invited then as a Guest by mistake. Guests only have access to one shared vault at a time.

As of right now, you can't convert a Guest account over to a regular team member. You will have to send them another invite then you can delete the Guest account. To invite them as a regular team member -

Sign into the Teams account > Click on the Teams name in the upper right hand side > Select Admin Console from the drop down menu > Click on the Invitations tab at the top > Then click on the blue "+" button to send out an invitation - don't check off the box. I will also include a helpful link below -

https://support.1password.com/teams-admin-getting-started/#inviting-your-team

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll be happy to help out. Have a fantastic day!

• sean_santry
    sean_santry
    Community Member

Hi Frank, when I do that I'm told that a member with that email address already exists and it won't let me submit the form.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@sean_santry - I think Frank got this mixed up a bit: you'll need to delete the guest user first and then add the new team member. I hope this helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.