Is it possible for a family member to create a vault that is shared with another family's member?

Options
edgrsanchez
edgrsanchez
Community Member

I have a Family Account with my family members.

I often collaborate with a friend of mine on projects and I would like to create a shared vault that he can access as well.

Can I add him to a shared vault after he gets a 1Password account for his own family?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1Password.com Account

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @edgrsanchez - That's an excellent question. :) Sharing a vault within the same Family account is supported, but that doesn't work across accounts. What you could do, though, is invite your friend as a guest or even a full member. Your friend would then add a second account (yours) to his 1Password app. You can then set up a new vault specifically for sharing with your friend and add him as a user to that new vault.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else. I’ll be happy to help!

• edgrsanchez
    edgrsanchez
    Community Member
    Options

@Roman That makes sense!

So if I understand correctly, a guest doesn't need a paid 1Password Account at all to access the single shared vault?

Meaning that they can sign into 1Password on Mac, iOS, etc using their guest account, but they would obviously not have a Personal vault or have access to the Shared vault?

• @edgrsanchez That's correct. :) They get all the other benefits a family member would, but just one vault.

• edgrsanchez
    edgrsanchez
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

@Jacob - Thank you, that answers my question. :chuffed:

• You're welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.