No editing capabilities on Mac [Set up 1Password.com subscription]

Options

Comments

• tmersino
    tmersino
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I purchased the iPhone Pro 1Password app. I sync it with Dropbox. I then sync from Dropbox to my laptop so I have the same data on both devices.

At one point I thought I was able to edit the synced data on both my iPhone and Laptop - is that possible? Now I can only edit my data on my iPhone. Do I need to do something different or is that by design?

Thanks!
    Ted

• Ben
    Options

Hi Ted ( @tmersino ),

The difficulty you're running into is that the Pro features for 1Password for iOS do not include 1Password for the desktop platforms (Mac & Windows).

The way forward, if you'd like editing capabilities on all platforms, would be to set up a 1Password.com account:

1Password.com

A subscription to 1Password.com will include access to the latest versions of all of our apps, with all available features, and including all upgrades. It also eliminates the need to sync with Dropbox. Simply sign into your account from any device and all of your data will be available. It is a much easier workflow. :)

When you first sign up you'll need to migrate your data from the stand alone vault that it is in to your account. We have instructions available for that here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@tmersino

I split your question out into its own thread to avoid any confusion and so both you and the other poster can get the attention you deserve.

Thanks!

Ben

• tmersino
    tmersino
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben!

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome Ted! If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.