1Password killed occasionally, can't restart

Aktariel
Aktariel
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Mac

I have a very strange issue - from time to time, Chrome will stop recognizing the key command for 1Password. Then, I'll try to use the global hotkey, and nothing happens. If I manually click the Chrome extension, the "welcome to the browser extension" page appears, but cannot locate 1Password. When it does this, the 1Password mini icon will show up in the menu bar, but the hotkeys still don't work.

The only thing that reliably fixes this is restarting, which is aggravating, since I have a bunch of open applications and terminal sessions running. (This issue makes it very hard to get to SSH keys as well). I'd say this happens probably at least once every two days, sometimes once a day, mostly when waking from sleep (but not always). Reinstalling the extension does not fix the issue either. I use multiple Chrome profiles at a time, but the extension has been installed successfully.

Very occasionally, it will fix itself, but that's very uncommon - has happened maybe once or twice.

I've provided details about what versions I have in the discussion form, and I will also say that I am using a 2016 15" TouchBar MacBookPro, but this was happening intermittently on my last computer as well (I migrated my user folder over to my new computer).

Also when I restart, the icon is back in the menu bar, and I'd really prefer to have it not. It's not very hard to uncheck the box, but it has gotten a bit tedious.

Please let me know what next steps to take.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Hi @Aktariel ,

The next time this happens, take note of the date and time. Then, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Also, please include the date and time the problem occurred in the email message.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.