Sync my Primary account to my other MacBook and iMac via iCloud

Options
DaveMagic1
DaveMagic1
Community Member

I have looked at all your help "answers" but it is not clear to me how to do this. Right now we have been running our 1Password account on two separate computers and they are not synced with each other. We have made it as far as uploading our Primary account to iCloud, but don't understand how to sync IT to our other MacBook/iMac. Do I just sign in on the other computers and its will sync? I am afraid of "overwriting" the
Primary account with the older version

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have synced my Primary account to iCloud. How do I sync my other iMac and laptop

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DaveMagic1

Thank you for taking some time to get in touch with us. If you have different data on the two computers you can set up iCloud sync and the data in both vaults will be merged. If you have a few items on both vaults then those items will be duplicated and you'll have to sort them out by hand. If you want to, you can create a backup by going to 1Password Preferences then Backup and "Backup now". This will ensure you can go back to the previous configuration of your data if you so need it :chuffed:

You can see how to set up iCloud sync here. You'll only need to follow the instructions on both computers and your data will be combined in both of them!

If you have old data in iCloud that you want to completely get rid off or something like that please let us know as many details as you can so we can help you sort it out.

This discussion has been closed.