Shared secondary vault?

Options
kzb0524
kzb0524
Community Member

Hi all!

Question for you all regarding shared vaults. My husband and I each have individual one password licenses and primary vaults. However, he would like to share his vault with me as well. I know that at one time shared vaults were limited to family accounts. Wondering if there is a way that I can add a secondary vault in my one password app and set it up as shared from his primary vault. It's something like this possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kzb0524,

Thanks for reaching out to us about options for sharing vaults with your husband! The easiest way (by far) to share vaults is with a 1Password Families account. I'm not sure if you've looked into that option at all, but one of the reasons it's so easy is because sharing is built-in to a Families account - in addition to private vaults for each member, you would have a shared vault, and anything you put in that vault would automatically be shared with your husband (you can add more private or shared vaults if you want to).

If you don't want to sign up for a Families account, it's possible to sync a vault via Dropbox and then use Dropbox folder sharing to share the vault with another Dropbox account. That takes more work to set up / configure, but you can certainly try that if you'd like. We have more information about that here: How to share a vault using Dropbox

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.