Problem with synching devices?

Kening
Kening
Community Member

I have 1Password on 3 devices, all under my single account. When I open them up individually...
My iPhone reads 137 logins. My wife's iPhone says 136, and my iPad Mini 4 says 131. All are synced to my Dropbox account. I have gone to Settings and manually synched them all to Dropbox but the numbers stay the same. I thought or at least they all seemed to synch automatically and immediately across all devices when a new login was created and saved. What happened and how do I get all 3 devices to contain the same information?
I have already purchased the upgrade to Pro.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Kening:

I have gone to Settings and manually synched them all to Dropbox but the numbers stay the same.

Are you sure there are in fact missing items? There has for some time, so far as I'm aware, been a bug which means that, following a sync, the number of items shows incorrectly on iOS devices—even though all items are in fact there. I know this happens with WLAN sync but am not sure if it also applies to other sync methods. One way to check is to force quit 1Password on your iOS devices, restart it and see if the number is then correct. If it is, you have experienced the bug to which I've referred.

Stephen

• kennething
    kennething
    Community Member

How would I "force quit 1Password" on my device? So you're saying the Data is there but the numbers are wrong, and force quitting 1 Password on one of the devices which is lower, then restarting it will make the numbers match? Would you have to do it on all the devices where you have stored !Password as a backup in case one is lost, every time you add a new login?

• @kennething

Apple has a guide on how to force close apps here:

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If what you're running into is the bug that Stephen is describing, it is just the count that is inaccurate. The actual data is transferred properly. It wouldn't have any effect on backups etc. It is simply a display error. To test and see if that is what you're experiencing:

1) Close 1Password on all devices
    2) Open 1Password on your iPhone and add a new Secure Note titled "Test from iPhone 1"
    3) Open 1Password on your iPad and add a new Secure Note titled "Test from iPad"
    4) Check if the "Test from iPhone 1" item appears on the iPad
    5) Open 1Password on your wife's iPhone and add a new Secure Note titled "Test from iPhone 2"
    6) Check if the "Test from iPhone 1" item and "Test from iPad" items appear on the wife's iPhone.
    7) Force quit 1Password on your iPhone, re-open it, and then check if the "Test from iPad" and "Test from iPhone 2" items appear there.

The item counts may not be accurate but as long as everything else works as expected above then it seems your 1Password data is syncing properly. Hopefully we'll be able to get that bug with the item counts fixed up soon.

If the items do not appear as they should then you may actually have syncing configured incorrectly and we can troubleshoot from there.

Please let us know how it turns out. Thanks!

Ben

• kennething
    kennething
    Community Member
    1. Can you explain "Force quit 1Pass?" Is that different from just closing the app?
  • @kennething

The first link in my post above explains that. :)

Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.

Ben

• kennething
    kennething
    Community Member

Thanks Ben! You were right, the Secure notes all appeared instantly and automatically, and on all three devices. Likewise they all disappeared on all three devices after deleting the secured notes on one of them.
    So the fault must lie with the Total counts being displayed for the Logins under Catagory must not be working correctly.

Thanks, I thought I was going to have to compare all the entries on the 3 devices.

Ken Ing

• Thanks for the update Ken! Yes, fortunately I don't believe that'll be necessary. I'd agree with your assessment: sounds like it is just a case of the item counts bug. Hopefully we'll have that fixed up soon.

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.