I can't open Password on my laptop-password not working. However it opens fine on my Iphone.

lillious
lillious
Community Member

Can't figure out why suddenly Password won't open on my laptop but continues to work on my IPhone
I purchased from AgileBits on March 2, 2015.
This has never happened to me before.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 for Mac
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• lillious
    lillious
    Community Member

Somehow my question disappeared.
    I am able to open 1Password on my Iphone but my password on my laptop
    is no longer working. The hint is accurate but no luck getting it to open.
    Not sure what other information you need but am getting desperate at this point
    as I use IPassword every day.
    I tried emailing you yesterday, no response. I received an automated response but got nothing back.
    I tried Twitter as you recommended, again nothing.
    I understand you're busy but I really need some guidance please!

1Password Version: 1Password 5 for Mac
    OS Version: 10.10.5

• lillious
    lillious
    Community Member

This is my 3rd attempt to reach you. My last two questions have disappeared from your list.

I am able to open 1Password on my Iphone but my password on my laptop
    is no longer working. The hint is accurate but no luck getting it to open.
    Not sure what other information you need but am getting desperate at this point
    as I use IPassword every day.
    I tried emailing you yesterday, no response. I received an automated response but got nothing back.
    I tried Twitter as you recommended, again nothing.
    I understand you're busy but I really need some guidance please!

1Password Version: 1Password 5 for Mac
    OS Version: 10.10.5

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Worth checking whether your keyboard has changed. Even a change from US to UK keyboard will affect some special characters. (I'm just a user, but an AgileBits staffer will come along in due course).

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lillious. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• lillious
    lillious
    Community Member

Much appreciate your response. Working all day today but will get that to you asap. Again, thank you!

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@lillious - No worries, we're here! :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lillious

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. I'm sorry with the delay in the response, I don't see an email from you under this address, have you used a different one? If so, could you please post the ticket mask that you got on the reply that you mention? We'll get you sorted out in no time!

I can see that you're using an older version of 1Password, could you please give us some more details on what you see when you try to use 1Password? What error exactly do you get when you try to get into 1Password? Have you tried checking this guide and see if some of the advice helps? You might have changed your keyboard setting by accident, for example.

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get all this sorted out and you can get 1Password up and running again :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lillious: We've merged your separate posts together here to avoid confusion. Be sure to let us know if we can be of further assistance. :)

• lillious
    lillious
    Community Member

I received the information we need through your response email.. I supplied the necessary diagnostics you requested.
    Oddly I do the update each time there is one offered. I have never changed the keyboard setting. The passwords for both devices have always been the same. Your suggestion of starting over on the mac will be done. And I'm hopeful that will resolve all the issues.
    Very much appreciate you getting back to me.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lillious,

I wanted to check to make sure we received your diagnostics report email, but I couldn't find it when I searched for the email address from your forum account. After sending it, did you receive a reply from the BitBot assistant? If so, please let us know the ticket ID from that response so we can track your message down and ensure it gets answered quickly. Thanks!

• htodd
    htodd
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I will be filing a ticket.

• htodd
    htodd
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

BTW, I can't seem to send mail from my iPhone with my real email account, so it will be coming from [removed by moderator]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@htodd: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: HJK-22676-455

This discussion has been closed.