Forgot master password

Options
zsoltromps
zsoltromps
Community Member

Hi there!
I forgot the master password to log in...I know...but I was only using thumb print log in so didn't need it until accidentally I cancelled the fingerprint log in and now I can't remember my password...tried everything:((
Can I somehow get back the fingerprint log in option and then reset my master password?
I spent so much time to put all my info in this app...don't wanna do it all over again...!
Please let me know what I can do about it!
Zsolt

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Zsolt - Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I'm sorry to hear about your Master Password issue.

To reactivate Touch ID you would need your Master Password, there is no way around that, I'm afraid.

For your security, your Master Password and Account Key are never known to us at AgileBits. This ensures that your data is safe from intruders, but it also means that we can’t reset or resend either of the two.

Maybe reading our support article might jog your memory? If it doesn't, you will need to start over.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information, please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.