How to add to new device?

Options
humaleema
humaleema
Community Member

I have 1password set up on old iMac and iPhone. It is an active account for 18 months or so. I think I purchased through the agile bits website. I'm not able to check now, but I believe my license comes up when I click the menu on my old iMac.

I thought I added 1password to my new MacBook and now, after a month, I'm getting a message that my "free trial" is up, so obviously, I didn't do that right. As I remember, there is something about if you purchased through the agile bits website vs. app store. What are the steps to add the 1password application that I already purchased 18 months ago to my new MacBook?

Is there a way to get info on which version, etc. from my iPhone. I'm away from home for a few days and don't have access to my old iMac.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @humaleema

Congratulations on your new computer! I tried looking for your email on our records but we don't have a license under it. Do you think you might have purchased it via de Mac Appstore? If not, if there are any other email addresses that you could have used to purchase 1Password please send us an email to support@agilebits.com with any address you might have used when you purchased 1Password. Please add a link to this thread so we can connect the dots and help you better :chuffed:

• humaleema
    humaleema
    Community Member
    Options

That's weird. I don't think we purchased through the mac appstore because when I go to the appstore now it gives me the option to buy 1password, rather than the download icon. Usually when I've already purchased an app it shows the download icon, so I don't buy it twice. Maybe my husband's email. Thanks, I'll follow up with the email. Thanks

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @humaleema, we'll be waiting for your email then ;)

• humaleema
    humaleema
    Community Member
    Options

I sent an email this morning--no response yet. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Now that my "free trial" is up, not sure how much longer I'll have access to my passwords, and would like to resolve this asap.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @humaleema

Thank you for sending the email, we have no received it. we'll be replying over there soon :chuffed: I just want to reassure you are never locked out of your data. If your account freezes you cannot add or edit anything already in there but you can always read what you have already stored.

ref: EAN-33346-797

• humaleema
    humaleema
    Community Member
    Options

Yes!! Got the reply and was able to download my license to my macbook. The "free trial" label has disappeared and 1Password seems to be working fine. Thank you!! Is there a way to update my email preferences? The email I used to purchase my license is not one I use much anymore.

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @humaleema

I have emailed you about the license registration issue.

This discussion has been closed.