ipassword only works once on my iPad

Options
backpacker048
backpacker048
Community Member
edited January 2017 in iOS

When I use 1Password on my iPad, it only works once. the next time I go to use it, i have to reopen it. Is this normal?? if not how do I correct it or use it correctly? Backpacker048

1Password Version:_6.5.3
_Extension Version:
unknown
OS Version:_Sierra 10.12.2
_Sync Type:
unknown
Referrer: forum-search:on my iPad, 1password only works one time and then it closes. I have to reopen for the nest usage.

Comments

• backpacker048
    backpacker048
    Community Member
    Options

version: 6.5.3, OS version:10.12.2 (16C68)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @backpacker048

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password! Just to be sure we're on the same page, you're having this trouble on iOS, right? If so, could you please tell which version you're using?

1Password will lock automatically when you close the app on iOS, and you'll have to type your Master Password or input your fingerprint again to access your data. Is this what you mean? If so, you can change these by going to Settings in 1Password then Security and toggling "Lock on Exit". This will keep 1Password open even when you leave the app.

If you mean something different, please let us know as many details as you can about what you're experiencing and we'll be glad to help you sort it out :chuffed:

• backpacker048
    backpacker048
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar,

Thanks for the response. You asked if I'm operating on iOS - if that means an iPad, then yes. The version is 10.2 (14C92).

On my iPad I went to Security and toggled off "Lock on Exit" and now it says that I will need to use the Master Password after 1 hour of being unused. Does that mean one hour of 1Password not being used or the one hour of the iPad not being used?

I've got another question if you have the time to use it. I'm confused about whether I have a license that needs to be renewed or not. I keep getting these emails that says my license ran out in Dec and I need to renew it. I thought I bought a one time purchase and don't have to pay for annual renewals. I bought the app thru the App store.

Thanks for your help in this matter,

Backpacker

• Ben
    Options

Hi @backpacker048

The timer in question is for 1Password, not the iPad. You can adjust the timer in Settings > Advanced > Security.

As for your question about purchasing... I wasn't able to find any accounts or licenses purchased from us under the email address you use here on the forums. If you purchased from Apple we wouldn't have any record of your purchases, as Apple does not share that information with us. If you believe you may have purchased from us directly and you'd like to investigate further please send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/74633/

You'll receive an automated email back from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks.

Ben

• backpacker048
    backpacker048
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I tried the Advanced link but there was no link to Security.

Do I need to purchase an annual license from you guys?

• Ben
    Options

It's there. :) Are you in the 1Password app? If so hit the gear icon to bring up Settings, and then select Advanced. It is at the bottom of the list. Then select Security. It is about mid-way down. I've included a screenshot showing this.

While a subscription is not required we do strongly believe it is the best 1Password experience. Customers have been asking us for a long time to make syncing and sharing easier. Based on those demands we created 1Password.com accounts. The only way to provide this service is as a subscription. We provide the sync service as well as the apps as part of this subscription. The ability to easily share passwords and other important data amongst family and team members has been immensely popular with our 1Password.com subscription customers as well.

It includes the latest versions of all the 1Password apps so you can get your passwords from your computer, phone, tablet, and more. Your devices sync automatically — third-party services like Dropbox and iCloud are no longer required.

What is the difference between a 1Password account and a standalone license?

If that sounds like it may be of interest to you, you can sign up for a 30 day free trial and migrate your data over following the instructions here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.