App hangs on 'Searching Dropbox for Vaults'

Options
mjt847
mjt847
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for years and it is installed on my desktop computer, laptop and iPhone 6S (v10.2). The vault is stored on Dropbox and the laptop and desktop computer have no issues accessing it.

Recently 1Password on the iPhone crashed immediately after opening. To try to get it working again, I deleted it and reinstalled the latest version of the App - it now opens without crashing, but when I try to set it up by selecting Dropbox, it goes through the authorisation prompt to allow it to access Dropbox but then just hangs on 'Searching Dropbox for Vaults'. I've left it for a long time in case it was taking its time.

If I go into my Dropbox app on my iPhone, I can see the vault so the vault is definitely there.

Do you have any suggestions?

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• mjt847
    mjt847
    Community Member
    Options

Don't know whether it's relevant - I've got version 4.6.1.616 on the desktop computer. Is that compatible with the latest app or do I need to upgrade?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mjt847,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble re-enabling sync with Dropbox in 1Password on your iPhone!

I've got version 4.6.1.616 on the desktop computer.

It sounds like that's the Windows version of 1Password - there's a small update available (version 4.6.1.617) but that just has a fix for an issue communicating with Opera, so it shouldn't make a difference in this case. The versions you're using on iOS and Windows should definitely be able to sync with each other via Dropbox.

Please try restarting your iPhone (hold down the power button for a few seconds and "slide to power off", then turn it back on again). Once it restarts, open 1Password again and try to sync your vault from Dropbox. Does it work this time, or does it still seem to get stuck? (Give it a couple minutes, just in case.)

• oan
    oan
    Community Member
    Options

I've got the same problem when trying to setup a fresh install on my reformatted iPhone. The 1Password app (6.5.1) crashes after selecting Dropbox account and going back to the app. But it works if I first create a "standalone vault" and then add my Dropbox vaults afterwards.

I use 1Password 6.5.3 on my MacBook and 4.6.1.617 on my PC.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @oan. So just to be clear: despite the difficulty you're all set now?

Ben

• oan
    oan
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Yes, but my structured personality don't like the empty standalone vault that I can't delete ;)

• Ben
    Options

I understand. If you'd like to troubleshoot further please shoot us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com with:

1) A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/74508/
    2) Your forum username: oan

When you do so you'll receive an automated reply from BitBot with a Support ID. Please post that ID here. Please be adviced however that our email support team is quite busy at the moment, and it may take a few days for a reply.

Thank you!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.