cannot copy title of records

wagnerone
wagnerone
Community Member

Is it intentional that one cannot copy the title of items? I often need to share the title of a record with my team and have found I cannot copy the title in view or edit mode.

Being able to copy the title to share with my team in view mode (similar to all the other fields) would be a boon. If not, I'd like to at least be able to copy it in edit mode.

As it is, I have to just view the record and manually type the title (some of them pretty long and descriptive) into an email or whatever to share.

Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wagnerone,

I'm sorry you're unable to copy the title of items! Thanks for taking the time to report this to us - I was also unable to copy item titles in view mode, and I've opened a ticket to let our developers know about that.

However, copying titles while in edit mode works correctly for me, so I don't know why you're unable to do that. Can you confirm that you're able to edit the item titles while in edit mode? If you can edit the titles, you should be able to highlight them, and if you can highlight them you should be able to copy them. It worked for me when I used ⌘C, or right-clicked on it & chose 'Copy', or went to Edit > Copy. Can you also please let us know the exact version of 1Password installed on your Mac, as well as the version of OS X / macOS you're running?

Thanks in advance! :)

ref: OPM-4754

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply @Drew_AG. I can edit them fine. My first instinct was to select all the text in the title to then paste it elsewhere, but nothing ends up in my clipboard. The Edit menu flashes as if Copy actually executed, but when I go to the shell and do a phpaste, for example, nothing happens. Same for regular pasting in any UI app.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wagnerone - I just tried this on my Mac as well and it worked - just as well as it did on Drew's. We'll need to figure out the difference between what happens on our Macs and yours. Would you mind providing the version info Drew requested in his post:

Can you also please let us know the exact version of 1Password installed on your Mac, as well as the version of OS X / macOS you're running?

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member

macOS 10.12.3

1Password 6
    Version 6.6.BETA-4 (660004)
    AgileBits Beta

However, this has been happening for at least several months now (as far back as I can remember trying to copy a record title) and I never hesitate to get a 1P update when it is available.

I do use an aftermarket clipboard, "Copy'em Paste", but it happens whether that is running or not. I've tested it by quitting the CP app and ensuring its helper app isn't running via Activity Monitor.

I also tried removing 1P and 1P Mini from CP's blacklist. After this I tried with CP running and with it not running.

Mike

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@wagnerone - Thanks for providing those details and letting us know about CP. There's one more thing I'd like you to check. In Preferences > Security what is the value for the option to Clear clipboard contents after X seconds and do you have the option enabled at all?

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member

I do have it enabled and it's set to 90 seconds.

I am wondering now if this is why sometimes I go to paste something and nothing is in my clipboard. LOL

• Hi @wagnerone,

I thought I had experienced something similar to what you initially described the other day. I didn't have the time to look into it at that point, but right now I'm unable to reproduce an issue. I'm able to copy the title when in edit mode in both main and mini. Are you still hitting this problem?

Rick

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member

I hadn't ever thought to try it in Mini, but on your tip, I just tried it there too. I can't copy from titles there either.

• @wagnerone : what are you using to copy it? cmd-c?

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member

CMD-C and/or right-click->copy both do the same thing.

• OK, I've figured out why it worked for me this morning and why it didn't the other day and why it doesn't for you.

For the last few days I've been running a build of what's going to become version 6.5.4 and it looks like this was broken in the 6.6 betas. I've switched back to the 6.6 betas and can now reproduce this issue. I've filed an issue (OPM-4759) about this and marked it as a regression so that it can get fixed sooner.

Thanks for reporting this to us.

Rick

ref: OPM-4759

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member

Sweet! Thanks. :p

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Rick, you're very welcome! I'm glad he was able to help figure out what was going on. :)

This discussion has been closed.