1password extension not launching in Chrome

edpurver
edpurver
Community Member

Hi
My mac recently died. I am now trying to get 1password working on a different apple computer. However, the 1password extension doesn't seem to work in Chrome. When I click on the icon to launch the extension, it tries to open the 1password 6 application, and the app window briefly appears before disappearing again.
Do I need to log into the app before using the browser extension?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @edpurver,

Sorry you're having trouble with the extension on a new Mac! Are you able to open/unlock the main 1Password app and see all your data there? If so, then as long as 1Password mini (the 1Password icon in your Mac's menubar) is running, the browser extension should work without needing to launch the main 1Password app first. Please check the following setting:

• Open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar.
    • Click the General tab.
    • Make sure the option for "Always keep 1Password Mini running" is enabled.

If that option was disabled, that would explain why the extension tries to launch the main app (opening the main 1Password app also launches 1Password mini, if it's not already running).

On the other hand, if that option was already enabled, please try restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Then quit the main 1Password app and see if the browser extension works. If not, reboot your Mac - after the restart, try using the 1Password extension again.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.