iPhone account blocked

mktgcove
mktgcove
Community Member

Hi,
I've had 1Password for quite some years on my mac and iPhone. All fine till a few days ago. I can not access 1Password from my iPhone ... the app opens when I digit the short password but then when I need to access my credit cards details by typing the long password... the app closes... what do I do? Thanks for helping me

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mktgcove,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! From your description, it sounds like you're using 1Password 3 on your iPhone - that's a much older version we retired from the App Store back in 2012, and since it hasn't been updated since then, it has trouble on newer versions of iOS.

What you'll want to do is upgrade to 1Password 6 for iOS, which you can download from the App Store on your iPhone. Do you happen to be using 1Password 4, 5, or 6 on your Mac, and does it contain all your latest data? If so, just open 1Password 6 on your iPhone and set it up by using the same sync method you're using in 1Password on your Mac (1Password.com account, Dropbox, iCloud, etc).

If you have data in 1Password 3 on your iPhone that you don't have on your Mac, it will take a few more steps to migrate that to the newer version. Just let us know if that's the case, and we'll be happy to help you with that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.