Trying to sync my iPhone 6 with my Macbook via WLAN

Options
Kayaker2
Kayaker2
Community Member

I have a Macbook Air ( OS 10.11.6) and an iPhone 6 ( 10.2.1). I am trying to sync via WLAN. The Mac side seems fine, but I cannot find "Sync" under Settings in 1Password on the phone. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

@Kayaker2: Did you perhaps setup the app with a 1Password.com Account instead of a local vault (Primary)? If so, you won't have a sync option, as that's handled automatically. Otherwise, if you have multiple vaults, you may simply need to go to Settings > Vaults first before setting up WLAN Server. Let me know what you find!

• Kayaker2
    Kayaker2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi brenty,
    I was initially set up with a 1Password account, but decided I would just rather store everything locally. My Mac is set up with a local vault(Primary), but I don't see how to add a Primary vault on my iPhone. I only have an empty Personal vault on it. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kayaker2,

Ah, that explains it: as Brenty said, there are no sync settings for vaults that are part of a 1Password.com account. If you don't want to use an account, you'll need to create a Primary vault on your iPhone by following these steps:

• Open 1Password on your iPhone and go to Settings > Vaults > Sync Additional Vault.
    • Enter your Master Password.
    • Go back to your vaults, and you should now have ‘Primary’ listed at the top.

Now you should be able to follow the steps to set up sync via WLAN Server. If you have any trouble with that, just let us know! :)

• Kayaker2
    Kayaker2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Drew. Only problem is there is no "Sync additional vault." under Vaults. Only " Personal" and "Sync more vaults with Pro". The latter requires a $9.99 purchase.

• Ben
    Options

That's a bit strange, @Kayaker2. The Pro features are included with an account. Are you still signed into your 1Password account? They are a separate purchase if not using an account... but even on a trial they are included.

In any event you should be able to uninstall/reinstall the iOS app and then from the welcome screen set up syncing with the Mac.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Kayaker2
    Kayaker2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben! Uninstalling and reinstalling worked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Ben, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.