1Password 6 for Windows and Dropbox can't insert new items and can't show secure items.

1Password 6 for Windows and Dropbox: can't insert new items and can't show secure notes.
The "new item" button doesn't work. When I go to secure notes I cannot see any of the saved jpgs.
The old version is working fine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:windows

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@johnnyx: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you've been using 1Password 4 but recently installed the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app for some reason. The new app does not yet support local vaults, which is why you're not able to create a new item or make any other changes there. We're working on adding that in a future update, but in the mean time 1Password 6 is only needed for the 1Password.com subscription service. So it would be best to continue using 1Password 4 for now. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• johnnyx
    johnnyx
    Community Member

Hi brenty, I'm working with dropbox. Is dropbox also considered as a local vault?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017

@johnnyx: Yep! You'll be using an OPVault or AgileKeychain local vault (i.e. not part of a 1Password.com Account), even if you're syncing it using Dropbox. The new app simply cannot write to those yet, and sync is not automatic either. 1Password 4 supports all of this fully though, so that should work for you just fine. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.