Can't create a vault other than on 1password.com?

zanthony
zanthony
Community Member

I'm new to using 1password and have been surprised to find that I seem to be able to create a new vault only from the website, and not from within either the MacOS or iOS apps. Is this correct or am I missing something?

If it is correct is there a reason for it, security for example? Or is it something that will be added to the apps in time?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:create vault

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017

Hi @zanthony,

Thanks for writing in to ask about creating vaults! The ability to create account vaults from the apps is something we'd like to add, although I don't have a timeframe for when, or in what version. That would certainly be handy! For now though, you'll need to create new account vaults from 1Password.com.

If you have more questions or need anything else, be sure to let us know. Cheers! :)

ref: OPM-4362
    ref: OPI-3671

• zanthony
    zanthony
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick response Drew_AG. Certainly seems like natural functionality, so hope to see it added soonish. Cheers!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I can't promise it will be added soonish, but that doesn't mean it won't be - we simply don't have any timeframe for it right now. But you're right, it certainly seems like a natural feature to have in the app, and I'd also like to see it added.

Have a great rest of the week! :)

This discussion has been closed.