Account Frozen

Options
Eddie_G
Eddie_G
Community Member

What do I need to do to be able to simply continue using my app without paying the monthly subscription?

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Eddie_G

1Password.com accounts, which are the best way to use 1Password, are only available via subscription. We do offer a free trial, but after the trial expires a credit card must be entered to establish a subscription. The subscription ensures that you always have access to the latest version and all available features of all of our apps on all of your devices. It also eliminates the need to rely on a 3rd party sync provider. You simply sign into your 1Password.com account from any device and have access to all of the data you've saved in your account.

You can read more about 1Password accounts here:

1Password.com

And you can read more about what your account being frozen, and how to correct it, here:

If your 1Password account is frozen

If you do not want to subscribe to a 1Password.com account you'll need to remove the account from Settings > 1Password Accounts. You'll want to copy any data that you have in the account to a stand alone vault first.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Eddie_G
    Eddie_G
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

Can I just keep using the app, locally on my iPhone, without subscribing?

• Ben
    Options

You could do that, yes, and the last paragraph of my above message talks about that. :) It is the older way of doings things, but if it works for you then you are free to do so.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• Eddie_G
    Eddie_G
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

Am I able to create a stand alone vault in this app?

• Ben
    Options

You should already have one (or more) if you were previously using 1Password without an account. If you no longer have your standalone vaults on any devices you can create one (the Primary vault) on iOS using these instructions:

1. In 1Password open Settings -> Vaults -> Sync Additional Vault.
    2. Enter Master Password.
    3. Go back to your vaults.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Eddie_G
    Eddie_G
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I'll give that a shot

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.