WLAN Sync fails with Code=7014, NSUnderlyingError=0x17045d310

Options
la23ng
la23ng
Community Member
edited January 2017 in iOS

Today, WLAN sync failed for me. I've used WLAN sync for several years without real problems, but today, the error persisted even after I restarted both my Mac and my iPhone.

I've sent an email report from the app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• la23ng
    la23ng
    Community Member
    Options

(even the forum software seems broken. Sigh)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Today, WLAN sync failed for me. I've used WLAN sync for several years without real problems, but today, the error persisted even after I restarted both my Mac and my iPhone. I've sent an email report from the app.

@la23ng: Have you tried restarting your router? 1Password doesn't have any control over your network environment, so there won't be anything it can do to get things working again itself. Also be sure to try the suggestion 1Password is making itself:

Deaktivieren und aktivieren Sie die WLAN-Synchronisierung auf Ihrem Computer und versuchen Sie es erneut.

Which seems to translate roughly to "Disable and enable wireless synchronization on your computer, and try again." You can do this in 1Password Preferences > WLAN Server.

If you're still having trouble, be sure to follow the steps in this guide, as it will help narrow down the problem:

WLAN Server troubleshooting

Let me know what you find!

(even the forum software seems broken. Sigh)

Can you be more specific? Thanks in advance!

ref: ZAU-99713-632

• la23ng
    la23ng
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. I did all that was suggested in the WLAN troubleshooting section. I restarted WLAN sync, I restarted both apps, I rebooted my phone and my Mac.

BonjourBrowser shows a record for _1password4._tcp. containing two IPv4 addresses (WLAN and wired) as well as the IPv6-addresses (4 in total, one link local and one routed one for each interface).

I also tried with no avail:

• disabling the Wifi interface on my Mac
    • disconnected the wired ethernet from my Mac
    • rebooted the WLAN router

(Please disregard my moaning about the forum, that was a misunderstanding on my part)

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @la23ng,

The one last troubleshooting trick we've got up our sleeve is to try using an Ad Hoc (device to device) WiFi network to WLAN sync. You can find instructions for that here:

Create an ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network

If that does work, then there is something about your network (rather than one of your devices) that prevents 1Password from syncing.

Ben

• la23ng
    la23ng
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I tried that too, but it does not work either.

For good measure, I also tried using an Ad-Hoc hotspot from my phone - also without success.

What is interesting is that I could sync my Phone with another Mac at work, so I suspect it has something to do with the installation of 1Password on my Mac at home. But really, I am running out of ideas.

• Ben
    Options

But really, I am running out of ideas.

Me too. :( Unfortunately you may need to use a different sync method:

Sync your 1Password data

It sounds as though something on your Mac is causing the problem but failing the troubleshooting steps in the guide above... I don't know what that might be. Sorry I don't have the answer you were hoping for.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@la23ng: Indeed. To be clear, 1Password doesn't handle any of the networking on your Mac. So there's some sort of configuration issue on the Mac itself. That troubleshooting guide is fairly exhaustive, so if following all of the steps there do not help, there's something going on that's we'll outside of 1Password itself. :unamused:

This discussion has been closed.