To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to transfer data from Trial Subscription to License

Options
spark146
spark146
Community Member

I established a Trial Account recently and have decided to, instead, purchase a License to 1Password. Can you please direct me to a step-by-step procedure to do this so that I don't lose any of the data that I entered into my Trial Account? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I you haven't already done so, download and install 1Password 6 for Mac or Windows, login into your account and then copy the info out of the trial account. 1Password 6 on Windows is read only for standalone licenses.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @spark146! 1Password 6 for Windows does not support licenses yet, you'd need to downgrade and migrate to 1Password 4 in order to use a license. The process is non-trivial, so we should discuss this entire issue in detail via email. Please contact us and make sure you mention this discussion.

Please then post back here the support ID you received when sending your email. We can then track your email and get back to you quickly. Thanks! :)

• spark146
    spark146
    Community Member
    Options

Roman, thank you for the reply but I am totally confused. Let me begin again:

• First, I only have a Mac...no Windows
    • I have a Trial Subscription which I have populated with my password data. Love it.
    • Because I would prefer a License, I purchased one from the App Store
    • Question: How do I transfer all of the data from my Trial Subscription to my License? Can you please direct me to a step-by-step procedure for doing so? Obviously, I do not wish to re-enter any information that is already contained on my Trial Subscription.

Thanks.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@spark146 - Ha, look at that. I don't know how I got the impression you were on a Windows PC. I apologize for getting that utterly wrong. On a Mac, the process to go back to a licensed version is a bit easier.

First log in to your account in the Mac App Store version of 1Password. This step is necessary, as the Mac App Store version stores its data its data in a different location than the version from our website. To avoid confusion, I'd delete the 1Password version from our website, you won't need it anymore in the future

Then simply copy the items out of your account from 1Password for Mac. To do that, open and unlock the app, then choose 1Password -> Preferences and click Advanced. Click the box beside Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts to enable a Primary vault on your computer. This will be stored outside your account.

To copy your items to the Primary vault, click the vault in the top left of the main 1Password window and choose the vault your items are located in. Then select them all by pressing Command-A on your keyboard. With the items selected, choose Items -> Share -> Primary -> Copy from the menu bar. You can also click the export button (a little box with an arrow pointing up) on each item, select the Primary vault, and click Copy to quickly move an individual item.

One note: Your Document items will not be moved over (if you have any). You can download each of them from your old vault and re-attach them to the items they were previously attached to by dragging them to that item in the Primary vault.

Lastly, sign out of your account by clicking 1Password -> Preferences -> Accounts, then the Sign Out button in the bottom right of the window. You can now delete your account from its profile page.

I hope these instructions help. Please let me know if you need any additional information. I’m here for you! :)

• spark146
    spark146
    Community Member
    Options

@Roman, many thanks for the thorough reply.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit slow...easily confused...when it comes to grasping the difference between the two versions. The fact is, I only see one version: when I open the 1Password app on my Mac (which, so far as I can tell, is the one I purchased from the App Store), it shows that I am in 'Trial Mode'. This is the version which contains all of my data. Is this my Licensed version?

Because of my basic lack of understanding, I don't want to clog up your support forum with my inane questions. Is there a chance that I could take this discussion with you to email or chat?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@spark146 - Sure, no problem at all. Please contact us. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so I can track down your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Looking forward to hearing from you! :)

• spark146
    spark146
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. The Support ID is: #SSV-68458-659

• Hi spark146 - Thank you for sending us over the support ID number :-) I was able to locate the email. Roman will get right back to you so let's continue the conversation over there. Talk to you soon.

ref: SSV-68458-659

This discussion has been closed.