To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why do I need a credit card on file?

Options
cbonn331
cbonn331
Community Member

I got an email stating my account will be frozen if no credit card is on file. I bought app 4 years ago and recently moved it to a new computer. I paid upfront for app what could be charged now?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why do I need a credit card on file

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW now exists in a subscription and a one-time purchase version. The program is the same, the difference occurs on initial setup.

With a new machine it is very easy to set up as a subscription when this is not what you wanted to do, and this is probably what you have done. Fortunately it is not difficult to move back to the stand-alone version.

Even for a single user of 1PW on a single operating system, it may be worth moving to the subscription. See https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest for an account of the advantages and differences.

• Frank
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi cbonn331 - Thank you for reaching out to us and I apologize for the confusion. I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. Reply back to me at your earliest convenience and we'll continue the conversation over there. Talk to you soon :-)

ref: JUX-24525-996

Thank you for the assistance @danco - I appreciate the help :-)

This discussion has been closed.