Passwords not being filled in - iOS 10.3 beta [fixed in latest beta build and 6.5.2 stable release]

jpartain89
jpartain89
Community Member
edited February 2017 in iOS

So, as of the newest iOS beta, it seems that Apple has changed a LOT of things inside of Safari. (I wouldn't know, they never allow public beta testers access to the change logs...) Like, the popup for entering a username and password for simplified access control in NGINX... The box is completely different.

But, that plus no-password filling? Weird...

The username/email drops in just fine, but I am not able to have the password auto-fill in any page. (Side note, appleid.apple.com on my iPhone wont fill either field)

1Password Version: 6.5.2 (652001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3 (14E5230e)
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• MrRooni
    edited January 2017

Thanks for the report here @jpartain89. I will be sure to test this on my 10.3 beta devices and see what's up. Time to head to https://bugreport.apple.com! :)

ref: OPI-3939

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Just wish to confirm I also have this issue, relative to the fact it is only the fist beta of iOS 10.3

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD: Thanks for letting us know! That's pretty weird. We'll get to the bottom of this!

• Morgan Croft
    Morgan Croft
    Community Member

I am guessing this may have something to do with iOS 10.3, but wanted to report that since I've upgraded, anytime I go to fill in a login using Safari, when I select 1Password, it will only fill in one thing at a time.. Ie. First click will fill in the username only, then I have to select 1Password again, and then it will fill in the password.

This is happening on 2 different iOS devices on iOS 10.3 (14E5230e).

If you need any additional info, please let me know.

1Password Version: 6.5.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 10.3
    Sync Type: iCloud

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Morgan Croft,

Thanks for reporting this bug and the workaround you discovered:

First click will fill in the username only, then I have to select 1Password again, and then it will fill in the password.

I've merged your original post (1Password Only Filling in 1 item per load) into this related discussion, and also included it with the issue (OPI-3939) that's been filed in our internal tracker.

MrRooni (development lead for 1Password on iOS) will be investigating this, like he mentioned in his earlier reply, and can let you know if he needs any additional info - thanks for the offer. :):+1:

• Good news folks! We've discovered the cause and have a fix on the way. Thanks for the reports!

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MrRooni,

Excellent news.

• @HRD,

Indeed it is! :) :+1:

Rudy

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Could you kindly advise if Beta 6.5.2 fixes this issue?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD: Based on the release notes, it doesn't look like it. @MrRooni?

• I'm hoping to have this out in beta this week, keep an eye on the release notes. :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MrRooni,

Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome. :smile:

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

Do we have an update on this one? Because I haven't received a beta update since this issue arose. Or if I did, it wasn't fixed.

• @jpartain89,

The next beta has not yet gone out, but will soon.

Rudy

• rapamatic
    rapamatic
    Community Member

What's the process to get access to the beta program? I'd love to participate (and have 1Password working like normal again)!

• @rapamatic,

You should receive an invite email shortly.

Rudy

• rapamatic
    rapamatic
    Community Member

Thanks Rudy. I'll look out for the new update - sounds like it could be sometime this week?

• kivus
    kivus
    Community Member

Is there an ETA on when this is going to be updated in the Public version?

I know it was my choice to install an iOS Beta, but it would be great to have 1Password working again with me in Safari. (Public Beta 2 still have the problem, though I assume that's not a surprise.)

If there's additional 1Password iOS Beta slots, I'd happily test out the fix. (I use the public beta of the Mac Version.)

Thanks.

• superchink
    superchink
    Community Member

I, too, would love to participate in the beta if possible to help test this. I am also encountering this same issue.

Thanks!

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

I would also like to put forth the information that username/password filling doesn't work at all in Chrome for iOS.

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

The extension doesn't work in Chrome for me either.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rapamatic: The ETA is "when it's ready". Hopefully it won't be long though. I'm anxious myself. ;)

@jpartain89, @jmreekes: Thanks for letting us know. I hadn't thought of it, but that makes sense given that Chrome (and any other browser on iOS) will be using Safari's webview. Keep an eye out for updates!

@superchink, @kivus: Sure! You or anyone else who's interested in participating in the 1Password for iOS beta can apply by following the instructions in this beta forum announcement:

Joining the 1Password for iOS Beta

Cheers! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Is there an ETA on when this is going to be updated in the Public version?

It's been fixed in the stable 6.5.2 release that came out today:

One big fix we included in this update is an update to our web filling functionality to ensure it works on an upcoming version of iOS.

Still making its way out to through the App Store and hopefully shows up there soon for everyone. :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @sjk,

So far, so good.

• rapamatic
    rapamatic
    Community Member

Working for me too. Thanks guys!

• :+1:

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.