To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Possible to make a local backup of Account vault ?

Options
mikebore
mikebore
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Memberships

As far as I can see it is not possible to make a local backup of my Personal Account vault. There is no "backup" section in prefs, or in the File menu. File -> Export PIF is no longer and option.

Is there a way? or do we have to trust Agilebits?

I have a lot of data in clouds but I have a local copy of everything.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Strangely enough, after selecting all items, File->Export works in Windows to generate a readable/searchable TextEdit file. Not a PIF file but better than nothing in the event of disaster.

Export is greyed out in Mac whatever I select.

• Hi @mikebore - It's nice to hear back from you.

You can definitely export your data but keep in mind, once your data leaves 1Password it's no longer encrypted. You might want to save the file on an encrypted hard drive. I will include a helpful link below that might be useful if you didn't come across it - https://support.1password.com/export/

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any further questions. Have a great day! :-)

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Yes seems to be working today...don't now why "export" was greyed out before.

But it has the rather serious limitation that export of documents is not supported. My 77 documents are PDF's of emails with registration info.

• Hi @mikebore - Yes you're correct about the Documents and I apologize for the inconvenience. The only way to save them will be to download them individually. Sorry for not having a better answer here at the moment but I do appreciate your feedback. Enjoy the rest of your day :-)

This discussion has been closed.