Family member, email address change ?

plj86bizg
plj86bizg
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Families

I am a family admin, and one of my family members would like to change the EMAIL address she is using for her acct access. How can her email address be changed without loosing any entered data ( logins etc.) or access to any vaults, personal and / or shared vaults?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@plj86bizg: Yep! Just login to the Profile page and click the edit button next to the email address to change it. Cheers! :)

• learning_1pw
    learning_1pw
    Community Member

Is the family account admin also allowed to change the email address using this technique? I assume that the answer is yes, but I just wanted to check before I sign up for 1Password Family.

• Hi @learning_1pw - The admin of the Families account can change their email address but they don't have access to the other family member accounts. They can only change their address. I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any questions with the new Families account. Have a fantastic day :-)

• learning_1pw
    learning_1pw
    Community Member

Thanks, Frank. That helps a lot. I recently needed to change my email address. As you can imagine that caused problems in some accounts that use email addresses as login IDs. I'm glad to hear that won't be a problem with 1Password Family.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@learning_1pw - I'm happy to hear Frank's answer was able to. Please let us know if you need anything else. We’ll be happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.