Sync overwritten using 1Password for Families

Options
geoff2
geoff2
Community Member

Hello --

I had a problem with data not syncing property between my Mac (1Password 6.5.3 MacOS) and iPhone 6S (iOS 10.2.1, 1Password 6.5.1) using 1Password for Families.

I wanted to add a new secure note with the license plate numbers and title numbers of our cars. Therefore, on my Mac I created a new note and populated it with the following data as template:

<><><><>
Car 1
License:
Title:

Car 2
License:
Title:
<><><><>

The note was created in my personal vault. I then moved it to a vault shared by my wife and I.

I took my iPhone down to the car. I opened 1Password, found the note, hit "edit" and then tapped in the notes field to edit that. I entered in the appropriate data for each car, hit "back" and then "done."

I went up to my computer. The data hadn't synced to my computer, so I opened up 1Password on my iPhone, and went again into edit mode so I could find the numbers I needed for a web form. I did that, and then clicked "back" and "done". This all took about 5 minutes.

About an hour later I checked on my computer. Still hadn't synced. I checked on my iPhone. The data that I had entered in was gone, replaced by the blank template I'd originally entered on my computer.

The "created" and "modified" date on the entry on the computer are the same.

How can I help you diagnose this?

Thanks,
Geoff

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: 1Password for Families
Referrer: forum-search:Sync error

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017
    Options

@geoff2 - Thanks for making us aware and sorry for the late reply. I'll contact you via email, let's see if we can shed some light on this!

ref: HCP-49632-883

This discussion has been closed.