1Password seems to cause browsers on Mac (i.e. Chrome and Safari)

Options
wangkai
wangkai
Community Member

I have recently migrated my Time Machine from a previous version of Mac Book Pro to the one with Touch Bar. I really appreciate the use of Touch ID to unlock 1Password. But I start to notice that the browsers are crashing at an increasingly alarming rate (5~6 times a day with normal use). I tried Googling for solution, and start to narrow it down to the extensions, and more specifically 1Password Mini. And so I tried to disable the extension, and viola the crashes stopped happening! And so I just want to bring this up and see if this is a problem that others are having, and if there are solution to this. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OSX 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password crash browsers mac

Comments

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @wangkai :)

First of all, sorry about this, it definitely shouldn't happen! Out of curiosity, did you see any improvement after enabling the extension again?

• wangkai
    wangkai
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Yes there were improvements. I have re-enable the extension yesterday, and it did not crash for the past 24 hours. And then it just did (and that's why I'm coming back to the forum). One thing to note is that most of the crashes seem to have happen when I try to input something -- whether it's search, or filling in a form. For me, 1Password is a guard against phish, that's why I re-enabled it, but it seems a trade-off now. :(

• Hi @wangkai,

Hrmmm.... I can't think of a reason for why this would be. Do you have any other extensions installed besides 1Password?

Rick

• wangkai
    wangkai
    Community Member
    Options

I do, currently I have the following extension installed and enabled, please do let me know if any is known for conflict with 1Password:

• goo.gl URL Shortener
    • Google Docs
    • Google Keep
    • Momentum
    • Save to Pocket
    • Save to Google
    • The Tractor
    • Rescue Time
    • Google Translate
  • I've not heard of any of those conflicting with our 1Password extension. Is there any chance that you could send us a crash log from when it crashes your browser?

Rick

This discussion has been closed.