To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can I use 1Password with little or no cell or internet access? Will my account work correctly?

Options
pie
pie
Community Member

Ill be in an environment with little or no access to internet or phone service for 6 months this year. I don't want to pay for the service and then be unable to use it because the passwords cant sync correctly on my phone or laptop.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:offline

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pie - Thanks for your question, it's a good one. While making changes (like editing existing or adding new items) to your 1Password data does not require a network connection, a network connection is requires to sync those changes to the 1Password servers and -subsequently - to your other devices.

If you won't have Internet access at all, that's obviously going to be a problem sync-wise. But if you can manage to get online every once in a while (say at a friend's house or some other network), all changes on your devices will automatically sync between your devices.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else. I’ll be happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.